Have you been waiting for the DOST scholarship application for 2024 to commence? Are you a Filipino who is in dire need of a scholarship to sustain your education? Do you feel confused and possibly looking for help on how to win this scholarship? There is no need to worry because, in this article, we will delve into the various aspects of the DOST Scholarship for the year 2024, including requirements, benefits, courses involved, eligibility, and more.
Overview of DOST Scholarship
- Must be a citizen of the Philippines by birth.
- Must be in good health and possess high moral standards.
- cannot have any post-secondary (university or vocational) units under their belt.
- APPLY HERE: https://ugrad.science-scholarships.ph/#/home
- Telephone Number : (02)88308876
- Mobile Number : 09278868816
- E-mail : email@example.com
- Scholarship Notification at DOST website
The Department of Science and Technology (DOST) in the Philippines launched the DOST Scholarship, formerly known as the DOST-Science Education Institute (DOST-SEI) Scholarship. It was founded to help with the country’s scientific and technological breakthroughs as well as to meet the need for exceptional people in the STEM sector. The scholarship ensures that the recipients can concentrate entirely on their studies by paying for all educational expenses, including books, tuition, and monthly stipends.
What is DOST scholarship?
A prestigious program called the DOST Scholarship offers financial support to deserving students in the Philippines who want to major in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). With the help of this scholarship, the nation’s talented population will be encouraged to pursue their enthusiasm for innovation and research. The DOST Scholarship has grown to be a prestigious and sought-after program among Filipino students due to its many advantages and chances.
The nation’s science and technology sector has grown as a result of the DOST scholarship program. Through the program, gifted students receive financial aid and educational support, ensuring that the Philippines will continue to produce competent experts in these vital disciplines.
The government’s dedication to promoting success in science and technology is demonstrated by the DOST scholarship program, which has a competitive selection process and extensive coverage. Young Filipinos are given the opportunity to follow their aspirations and advance their country in an increasingly competitive global environment thanks to this scholarship.
Who is sponsoring the DOST Scholarship?
The Department of Science and Technology (DOST), one of the main Philippine government organizations that supports scientific and technical research and development, is the main sponsor of the DOST Scholarship.
The DOST-Science Education Institute (DOST-SEI), which oversees the selection and distribution of scholarships to eligible students, carries out the scholarship program. To guarantee the scholars’ seamless transfer and effective completion of their selected courses, the DOST-SEI maintains close ties with a number of academic institutions.
DOST Scholarship courses
Opportunities to pursue undergraduate and graduate courses in a variety of STEM subjects are provided by the DOST Scholarship. Natural sciences, engineering, mathematics, computer science, and other related areas are some of these fields.
The program encourages scholars to select courses in fields and industries that are important to the nation, such as energy, industry, agriculture, health, and the environment. The DOST Scholarship concentrates on these particular fields to generate graduates who can make major contributions to the nation’s growth and sustainable development. Below are the special considerations:
- Bachelor in Technology and Livelihood Education with Specialization in Information and Communications
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science
- BS Aeronautical Engineering
- BS Aerospace Engineering
- BS Agribusiness
- BS Agribusiness Management
- BS Agribusiness Management and Entrepreneurship
- BS Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
- BS Agricultural Biotechnology1
- Bachelor in Mathematics Education
- BS Agricultural Chemistry
- BS Agricultural Economics
- BS Agricultural Engineering
- BS Agricultural Technology
- BS Agriculture
- BS Animal Husbandry
- BS Animal Science
- BS Applied Mathematics
- BS Applied Mathematics major in Mathematical Finance2
- BS Applied Physics
- BS Applied Physics with Applied Computer System
- BS Applied Physics with Materials Science and Engineering2
- BS Applied Statistics
- BS Architecture
- BS Astronomy
- BS Astronomy Technology
- BS Basic Medical Sciences6
- BS Biochemistry
- BS Pharmaceutical Sciences
- BS Pharmacy (4-year program)
- BS Pharmacy major in Clinical Pharmacy (5-year program)
- BS Physics
- BS Physics for Teachers
- BS Psychology
- BS Public Health
- BS Speech Pathology
- BS Statistics
- BSE Biological Sciences
- BSE Biology
- BSE Biology-Chemistry4
- BSE Chemistry
- BSE General Sciences
- BSE Mathematics
- BSE Physical Sciences
- BSE Physics
- BSE Physics-Chemistry4
- BSE Physics-Mathematics4
- BSE Science
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
1 UP System only
2 4yrs, ADMU only
3 DLSU-Manila only
4 4yrs, USC only
5 3yrs, DLSU-Manila only
6 4 yrs, UPM only
DOST Scholarship Application 2024
The application process for the DOST Scholarship 2024 is typically announced in the early months of the year. Interested students must submit their applications directly to the DOST-SEI or through their respective schools.
The application form, along with the required documents, should be completed and submitted within the specified deadline. It is essential to carefully read and follow the guidelines provided by the DOST-SEI to ensure a successful application.
DOST Scholarship eligibility criteria
Applicants must fulfill the requirements established by the DOST-SEI to be eligible for the DOST Scholarship. These requirements include being a citizen of the Philippines, possessing good moral character, and having graduated or been on the verge of graduating from senior high school.
Furthermore, candidates need to fulfill particular academic prerequisites, like achieving a particular General Weighted Average (GWA) and passing the DOST Scholarship exam. The department’s application instructions or the official DOST-SEI website provide the full list of qualifying requirements.
DOST Scholarship requirements
Aside from meeting the eligibility criteria, applicants must also prepare certain documents and requirements to support their application. These requirements typically include completed application forms, a certified true copy of grades, a birth certificate, and a certificate of good moral character.
It is crucial to ensure that all documents are complete and accurate to avoid any complications during the evaluation process. Applicants may also be required to take additional tests or interviews as part of the selection process. Below are the DOST Scholarship requirements:
- Form C – Certificate of Good Moral Character
- Form D – Certificate of Good Health
- Principal’s Certification
- Form E1 – Applicant who is a Grade 12 Graduating/Graduated student in the STEM strand
- Form E2 – Applicant who is a Grade 12 Graduating/Graduated student in the NON-STEM strand and belongs to the upper 5% of the class
- Form E3 – Applicant who is attending homeschool
- Form E4 – Applicant who is under the Alternative Learning System
- Form E5 – Applicant who graduated from High School before the K-12 program and belongs to the upper 5% of the graduating class
- Form F – Certificate of Residency
- Form G – Parent’s Certification – Applicant has no pending immigration application to another country
- Form H – DOST-SEI Scholarship Examination/Award
- Form I – Applicant’s Certification of No Post-Secondary Units
- Form J – Signed Declaration of Applicant and the Parent/Legal Guardian
- Recent picture – passport size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.8 inches x 1.4 inches)
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Income – Parent/s or Legal Guardian’s or Spouse’s 2022 Income Tax Return / BIR Form 1701 / Employment Contract for OFW / BIR Certificate of Exemption from Filing of ITR / Certificate of Indigency / Certificate of Employment with Compensation / Proof of Pension
- Notarized Affidavit of Guardianship
- Marriage Certificate
DOST Scholarship 2024 deadline
The deadline for submitting applications for the DOST Scholarship 2024 is usually announced along with the application process. Interested students need to take note of the deadline and submit their applications promptly. Late submissions are generally not accepted, as the DOST-SEI follows a strict evaluation and selection timeline.
- The Online Application for the DOST Scholarship starts on 17 October 2023
- The Last Day of Request for School Inclusion in the E-Application System is 15 December 2023
- The deadline date of Online Application and Uploading of Requirements is 31 December 2023
- The last date for Uploading Requirements is January 15, 2024
- The Schedule of Qualifying Examination is 6-7 April 2024
DOST Scholarship benefits
The DOST Scholarship offers numerous benefits to its scholars. These benefits include full tuition and other school fees, a monthly living allowance, book allowances, and transportation allowances. Additionally, scholars are entitled to health and accident insurance, as well as access to academic and career development programs. The DOST Scholarship also provides opportunities for summer internships and research projects, allowing scholars to gain practical experience and enhance their skills in their chosen fields.
A. Regular School Year
- Education costs, including tuition (for scholars enrolled in private HEIs) Real costs up to ₱40,000.00 annually
- ₱10,000.00 per year for learning materials and/or a connectivity allowance
- Living Allowance per Month: ₱7,000.00
- Allowance for Clothes: ₱1,000.00 (First Semester of First Year Only)
- Allowance for Transportation (for students studying outside of their home province): A single round-trip economy ticket
- The premium amount for group health and accident insurance
- The thesis allowance is ₱10,000.00.
- Allowance for Graduation: ₱1,000.00 B.
B. Allowance for Mid-Year Term 1 (if specified in the curriculum)
- Actual costs for tuition and other school fees can reach ₱10,000.00.
- ₱2,000.00 for learning materials and/or a connectivity allowance
- Living Allowance each Month: ₱7,000.00 for two months
Frequently Asked Questions on DOST Scholarship
How to apply for DOST scholarship?
Applying for the DOST scholarship is a relatively straightforward process. The first step is to obtain the application form, which is available on the DOST website or from the nearest DOST regional office. The form must be filled out completely, and all required documents must be attached, such as academic records, a birth certificate, and a certificate of good moral character. Once the application is complete, it should be submitted to the DOST regional office within the designated application period. Applicants are also required to pass the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship Examination, which assesses their aptitude in science and mathematics.
How much is DOST scholarship?
The DOST scholarship provides comprehensive financial assistance to its recipients. Scholars receive a monthly stipend of Php 7,000 for undergraduate students and Php 7,500 for graduate students. In addition to the stipend, scholars also receive allowances for prescribed textbooks and school supplies, transportation, and thesis/dissertation expenses. Tuition and other school fees are covered, including a one-time grant for the purchase of a personal computer. Furthermore, the DOST scholarship offers an opportunity for scholars to apply for thesis/dissertation grants and pursue international exchange programs.
How to get DOST scholarship?
To be eligible for the DOST scholarship, applicants must meet certain criteria. First and foremost, they must be natural-born Filipino citizens of good moral character. They should also be in good health and have no pending obligations with DOST or any other government agency. For undergraduate scholarships, applicants must be high school graduates with a strong academic record in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) subjects. Meanwhile, graduate scholarship applicants must have earned an undergraduate degree in a STEM field with a good academic standing. Additionally, applicants must be willing to render service in the Philippines after graduation.
What is the period of DOST scholarship?
The DOST scholarship has a specific duration, which varies depending on the level of study. For undergraduate scholarships, the support extends for a maximum of five years, inclusive of a one-year preparatory program for students who need additional preparation in STEM courses. On the other hand, graduate scholarships cover two years for a master’s degree and three years for a doctoral degree. Scholars are required to maintain a satisfactory academic performance and comply with the terms and conditions set by the DOST throughout their scholarship.
Who is eligible for DOST scholarship?
The DOST scholarship is open to Filipino students who demonstrate exceptional aptitude in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. For undergraduate scholarships, applicants must have a high school general average of at least 85% and a combined score of at least 1,200 in the Science and Mathematics categories of the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship Examination. For graduate scholarships, applicants must have a weighted average grade of at least 85% in their undergraduate degree and a combined score of at least 1,200 in the Science and Mathematics categories of the DOST-SEI Graduate Scholarship Examination.
What should you know before applying for the scholarship
Father’s Gross Annual Income
Mother’s Gross Annual Income
The yearly gross income of the spouse, if the applicant is married
The legal guardian’s annual gross income if they are providing support to the applicant
If a family receives money from outside sources, details such as the donor, the amount, and the intended use of the money should be known.
How many hectares of agricultural land does a family own?
If a family owns a car: model, year, and type
For example, a tricycle, a passenger or owner jeep, a car, or a van
Example of Year and Model: 2022 Volkswagen Tornado
Conclusion on DOST scholarship
The DOST Scholarship is a remarkable opportunity for Filipino students who aspire to excel in STEM fields and contribute to the nation’s progress. Through this scholarship program, the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) aims to nurture the country’s future scientists, engineers, and innovators.
If you meet the eligibility criteria and have a genuine passion for science and technology, don’t miss the chance to apply for the DOST Scholarship in 2024. By availing of this scholarship, you can receive outstanding support, both financially and academically, to pursue your dreams and make a positive impact on the country’s scientific and technological landscape.